Indonesian Ginger Tea
- 250 g gingerroots (never substituted for ginger powder, it will ruin the taste)
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 pandan leaves, knotted
- coconut or palm sugar as desired (you can use a half percentage of raw sugar and coconut/palm sugar)
1. Crush or smash ginger with flat part of a cleaver or large knife’s blade until the skin splits and the inner flesh is exposed.
2. In a large pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. The longer you simmer, the stronger the ginger tea.
Indonesia Eats Note:
Indonesians also love to add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and cloves as well to this wedang jahe.