|Adventure eco travel…see orangutans, crocodiles, birds and butterflies as well as many endangered species in the wild!|
Adjacent to Tanjung Puting National Park
ORANGUTANS in the wild!
See as many as 9 primate species, crocodiles, butterflies and rare birds such as Storms stork. Many endangered species, even clouded leopards, are hidden in the jungle or Rimba-÷, through which you chug in a ‘kelotok’ boat.
You then land and walk 20 minutes into the forest to see the orangutans at the feeding stations upriver. You might also take a night safari to see tarsiers, glowing mushrooms fireflies and perhaps owls.
Hear the plaintive cry of Gibbons, early birdsong and the resident Macacque monkey troop from your comfortable room at the Lodge, set right on the edge of the gently flowing Sekonyer river in light forest.
RIMBA ORANGUTAN eco LODGE HAS:
* 35 rooms – (15 Emerald, 6 Sapphire, 14 Ruby)
* Mosquito drapes and repellent
* Emerald rooms have AC and Hot water
* Excellent meals in the restaurant
* Drinks in the Lounge
* All transport organized (extra cost)
* Eco tour guide for bird watching etc
* Double or twin beds
* Western shower and toilets
* Fans in all rooms
* Packed picnic lunches
* Internet access
To enter Tanjung Puting National Park you need a photocopy of the photo page and visa page of your passport, we do the rest. Don’t forget to bring binoculars, camera and film!
HOW TO GET THERE!
* By air from Bali or Jakarta via Surabaya or Semarang to Pangkalam Bun via Sampit (approx: 3hrs).
* Then, by car (we meet you) – 20 minutes to Kumai Port.
* Then, by boat – a delightful river trip (approx: 2 hrs) to the RIMBA ORANGUTAN eco LODGE.
* There is a speed boat option – more expensive.
* Yachts can tie-up at Harri’s Landing, Kumai.
Please Note: The Rimba Lodge can only be approached by boat. The following are standard charges for transport and national park fees:
* Airport pick-up and Lodge boat (4 persons) – Rp.500,000
* River boat (Klotok) for 4 – 6 persons – Rp.400,000 (if more than 2 day charter)
* Lunch on boat Rp.90,000/person
* Police, Park and Ranger fees per person – Rp.125,000/day
* Special Guide fees – Rp.300,000/day
* Special walking tours in the park now available
(Cost Net – Double/Single)
Emerald: Rp 900,000
Extra Bed: Rp 100,000
Family Rate: Negotiable (includes two rooms)
Sapphire: Rp 700,000
Ruby: Rp 450,000
Transport not included